Become an ASC X12 Member Today
Build Your Market and Boost Your Profits
In 1979, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) chartered the Accredited Standards Committee (ASC) X12 to build and support electronic exchange standards, related documents, and products intended for worldwide use. Today, ASC X12 brings together business and technical professionals in a cross-industry forum to enhance business processes, reduce costs and expand organizational reach for both vertical and horizontal markets. Representing multiple business domains including finance, government, health care, insurance, supply chain, and transportation, just to name a few, ASC X12 members have created numerous XML messages and more than 315 X12 EDI standards that are widely adopted by most Fortune 1000 companies and around the world.
ASC X12 Standards Development & Participation
- Participate in a robust standards committee with over 30 years of collective business process and technical expertise in the development and adoption of electronic data exchange standards.
- Proactively shape the most widely used X12 EDI standards in a consensus-based environment that meets both vertical and horizontal market needs.
- Produce XML messages used for business-to-business data exchange using X12's revolutionary approach to message design, Context Inspired Component Architecture (CICA). Learn more
- Contribute to the XML and X12 EDI development and maintenance for tax information and interchange development, a thriving initiative co-hosted by ASC X12 and the Federation of Tax Administrators (FTA).
Meetings, Conferences & Educational Venues
- Receive free registration for unlimited organization participation to X12 meetings (a $2,685 savings per employee per year), where members convene to actively develop, maintain and drive implementation of X12 EDI and XML messages. Learn more
- Take advantage of member discounts to conferences and educational venues.
Standards and Publications
- Obtain complimentary and early access to user-friendly reference guides that contain the latest work on X12 EDI standards and X12 CICA messages that can be expressed as XML schema.
- Receive substantial member discounts on X12 publications and standards. Visit Bookstore
- Access X12 XML Schemas, freely downloadable and available for runtime validation.
Tools for X12 Members
- Gain access to the X12 Tools for Members Program, offering members complimentary use of world-class commercial software products to support their standards-related activities. Current products are provided to X12ers by Altova, Edifecs, GEFEG, Sparx Systems, and Stylus Studio. Learn more
Networking & Visibility
- Obtain access to an extensive series of listserves where you can receive advice, learn what others are doing and discuss current issues with peers and experts.
- Increase your visibility via a listing of your organization's name on the ASC X12 web site.
- Showcase your products and services via numerous Sponsorship and Tabletop opportunities available at member-special rates.
- Collaborate with complementary standards initiatives via X12's numerous formal liaisons and memorandums of understanding (MOUs) to design integrated electronic exchange solutions.
- Network with top decision-makers and technology innovators who establish and implement electronic data exchange standards.
Download Application (PDF)
Renew Your Membership
ASC X12 Interest Categories
Transaction Sets (PDF)
CICA Messages (PDF)
Current Member List
"Tools for Members" Program
Telephone: +1 703-970-4480