Falls Church, VA and Beverly, MA, September 6, 2006 – The Accredited Standards Committee (ASC) X12 (www.X12.org), a cross-industry data exchange standards body, is pleased to announce that Altova® (www.altova.com) is contributing additional tools to ASC X12’s Tools for Member program, which fosters an array of X12 standards development work. These newly available tools include:
* Altova UModel® 2006 enables users to visually design application models and generate Java or C# code, or reverse-engineer existing programs into UML 2.1 diagrams, fine tune designs, and complete the round trip by regenerating code. UModel is used to help model X12 business process and messaging applications.
* Altova DiffDog® 2005 is a dedicated, XML-aware differencing utility. This powerful synchronization tool quickly compares and merges text or source code files and diverse directories using a straightforward visual interface. DiffDog allows quick analysis of X12 XML schema changes.
* Altova SemanticWorks® 2006 is the groundbreaking visual RDF/OWL editor that enables users to visually design Semantic Web instance docs, vocabularies, and ontologies, then output to the format of choice. SemanticWorks will potentially help represent X12 messages in OWL/RDF languages.
In addition, the ASC X12 Tools for Members program has included the following Altova products since June 2005: * Altova XMLSpy® 2006 is the industry standard XML development environment for modeling, editing, transforming, and de-bugging all XML-related technologies. XMLSpy is the world’s leading XML editor.
* Altova MapForce® 2006 is the premier data integration and Web services implementation tool that converts data on-the-fly and auto-generates data mapping code in multiple programming languages. MapForce features full support of the X12 EDI transactions sets.
* Altova StyleVision® 2006 is the ultimate visual stylesheet designer for transforming XML and database content into eye-catching HTML pages, PDF reports, Word/RTF documents, and intuitive Authentic electronic forms.
* Altova SchemaAgent™ 2006, is the compelling new paradigm for managing advanced schemas and their components in enterprise workgroups. Users can visualize XML Schema relationships and construct complex schemas from distributed schema elements via SchemaAgent’s graphical design view.
“We are so grateful to have the opportunity to use Altova’s extensive line of products to help expedite our business process modeling,” said ASC X12 Chair Dan Kazzaz. “These products will prove to be invaluable in expressing our XML-syntax CICA messages.”
CICA, X12’s Context Inspired Component Architecture, is a syntax neutral, meta-data repository and message development system. It is designed to help resolve the costly proliferation of differing and often incompatible messages used in business-to-business (B2B) and application to application (A2A) data exchange. CICA gives developers easy access to reusable components for constructing interface standards. These standards are designed to satisfy cross-industry business requirements, as well as industry-specific needs.
“Because the advancement of industry standards is such an essential component of Altova’s software development charter, we admire the remarkable progress ASC X12 has made in advancing electronic messaging standards and information exchange,” said Tim Hale, Director of Marketing for Altova. “We’re pleased to know that by providing these tools we can help their members validate new X12 XML standards.”
Altova is a member of ASC X12. The full ASC X12 membership meets face-to-face three times per year to design standards and exchange industry expertise, with the next meeting taking place September 24-29, 2006 in Boston. Additional information on ASC X12, its membership, and upcoming meetings can be found on its web site at www.X12.org.
About ASC X12
The Accredited Standards Committee (ASC) X12, founded in 1979 and accredited by the American National Standards Institute, develops cross-industry electronic data exchange standards that interact with a multitude of e-business technologies and serve as premier tools for integrating electronic applications. With more than 2,500 individuals representing 360+ corporate members, ASC X12 facilitates the effective exchange of electronic information through standards-setting and active participation in emerging and technically relevant initiatives. To learn more about ASC X12, visit www.X12.org or call 703-970-4480.
About Altova, Inc
Altova accelerates application development and data management projects with software and solutions that enhance productivity and maximize results. As an innovative, customer-focused company and the creator of XMLSpy and other leading XML, data management, UML, and Web services tools, Altova is the choice of over 2.5 million clients worldwide, including virtually every Fortune 500 company. Enabling customers ranging from vast development teams in the world’s largest organizations to progressive one-person shops, Altova’s line of software tools fulfills a broad spectrum of business needs. Altova is an active member of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and Object Management Group and is committed to delivering standards-based platform-independent solutions that are powerful, affordable, and easy to use. Altova was founded in 1992 and has headquarters in Beverly, Massachusetts and Vienna, Austria. Visit Altova on the Web at www.altova.com.
Altova, XMLSpy, MapForce, StyleVision, and SchemaAgent are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Altova GmbH in the United States and/or other countries. Unified Modeling Language and UML are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Object Management Group, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. The names of and reference to other companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
For additional information, contact:
DISA, on behalf of ASC X12 Julia O’Brien 606-356-2999 email@example.com
Altova, Inc. Daniel McDermott 978-816-1567 firstname.lastname@example.org