ASC X12 Call for Board of Director Applications
Elections for the 2016-2018 ASC X12 Board term will be held on January 25, 2016 at the ASC X12 Meeting in Portland, OR. Three seats are open, each of which may be filled by any qualified candidate. Interested applicants who meet the criteria listed below may register their interest in serving on the ASC X12 Board by submitting an application and a candidate statement. Applications are being accepted now through December 7, 2015.
Applicants must complete the online application, found at http://www.x12.org/elections, by 5 pm ET on December 7, 2015. In addition, an applicant employed by or representing an organizational member or non-member stakeholder must document the organization's support for their application by the application deadline. This support is documented when an organizational representative completes the Organization Support Statement found at http://www.x12.org/elections.
Applicants for the ASC X12 Board must meet the following criteria.
- The candidate must be an ASC X12 individual member, an employee of an ASC X12 organizational member or an employee of a non-member ASC X12 stakeholder.
- Only one candidate may be employed by or represent an organizational member or a non-member stakeholder.
- Employees of organizations already represented on the Board are not eligible candidates.
- Immediate family members of a seated board member are not eligible candidates.
- Employees or family members of any employee of an organization which has a contract with ASC X12 are not eligible candidates.
- Candidates employed by or representing an organizational member or a non-member stakeholder must show employer support for their application and potential service as a Board member by the application deadline.
- The candidate must submit an application and a candidate statement listing qualifications and reasons for wanting to serve by the application deadline.
The Nominating Committee will review all applications and select the candidate slate, which will be distributed to voting representatives in early January 2016.
Applicants are determined to be qualified candidates based on the following criteria:
- Meeting all criteria listed in the Candidate Criteria section of this document.
- Having sufficient ASC X12 experience to show an understanding of the organizational, political, and technical aspects of the organization. It is recognized that this is a subjective assessment and the nominating committee will make every attempt to evaluate applicants consistently.
- Evaluation of the balance between Individual and Organizational members of the slate and the potential resulting Board. Balance herein indicates a reasonable division, it does not indicate exact numerical balance.
Questions may be submitted to email@example.com