The positions carry great responsibility and require a considerable investment of time. Fulfilling the duties of these offices will require travel to standing meetings and may require additional travel from time to time. Such travel expenses are the responsibility of the officer or the officer's employer. Individuals considering applying for the slate should factor the level of commitment required into their consideration and should ensure their employer understands and supports the requirements of the office.
The candidate eligibility criteria for each office is the same. That eligibility criteria includes the following:
- Each candidate shall be a member representative entitled to hold elected office in accordance with X12 Membership (CAP04).
- An X12 member shall have no more than one representative serving as an elected officer in the committee. In other words, the chair and vice chair of a committee shall not represent the same X12 member.
- Each X12 member is restricted to one officer candidate in any election. In other words, an X12 member can't have a member representative running for the chair position and another member representative running for the vice chair position.
- Each candidate shall have experience that demonstrates an understanding of the organizational, political, and technical aspects of X12.
- Each candidate shall have experience that demonstrates an understanding of the organizational, political, and technical aspects of the ASC.
Individuals who wish to be considered for inclusion on the slate of ASC chair and vice chair candidates for the 2019 - 2021 term must apply on their own behalf using this online form. Applications will be accepted from June 18, 2019 to July 21, 2019. All applicants will be vetted by a selection committee and qualified candidates will be included on the election slate.
If you have questions or comments related to the application or election processes, you may submit them via X12's online Feedback form.